Amino acids authorisation consortium
The purpose of the FEFANA “Amino Acids Authorisation Consortium” – FEFANA AMAC in short – is to establish co-operation among interested parties in order to apply for the authorisation of feed additives of common interest in line with the provisions of Reg. (EC) No 1831/2003 (Article 10). The Consortium also seeks non-holder-specific authorisation for feed additives not previously authorised under the EU legislation if so decided by the Members.
FEFANA AMAC’s activities aim at achieving the following:
- to develop common understanding on the details of the information necessary to achieve the authorisations;
- to collect and review existing scientific data;
- to commission and manage the implementation of new studies as required by the EU assessment procedures;
- to gather industrial data necessary to achieve the authorisation goal;
- to develop common authorisation dossiers (or part of);
- to submit application in name of the grouping and act as a contact and negotiation interface with the EU authorities in the course of the authorisation process.
The interest of FEFANA AMAC is limited to the feed additives classified in Category “3” (Nutritional Additives), Functional Group “c” (amino acids, their salts and analogues), as defined under Annex I of Reg. (EC) No 1831/2003, and more specifically to the list of feed additives the Consortium members agreed to jointly work on. The selection of the feed additives included into this list was based on a set of criteria which are detailed in the Consortium’s code of internal rules. The FEFANA AMAC does not work on additives that are not included in its own working list.
Within the limits established by the Belgian law as well as other applicable competition laws not limited to the legislation of the European Community, the FEFANA AMAC may also carry out other activities necessary to facilitate the achievement of its goals.
For more information, please contact FEFANA Secretariat.
Want to join Fefana ?
Become a member.